Wednesday, December 15, 2004

12/13/04

The sunrise woke us up. Now with sun on onr little deserted beach we can actually see how pretty it is. There are lots of rocks on this beach, but not regular rocks. These rocks are the most beautiful caleb and I have seen. Coral colors, with stripes of white or orange or black through some. All of them as sooth as glass. Worn by the waves that wash over them. We want to bring them all back with us. Some of them would be perfect for matt flower origonals. We cant believe that we have this piece of sol heaven to ourselfs. Paradise. All the clubs are closed. They are only open from may to the end of september. So debauchery is out, at least club wise. We drove to san antoni and picked up some groceries for the day. Then we drove to a couple beaches all pretty of course. Most of the restaurants and resorts by the sea are closed. We hiked at Cala Bassa andTorre Punta desa, Good hike. Then we went to find a secluded beach to crash on for the night. We found just what the doctor ordered just past a hostel that appeared to be open an a resort rest that was closed for the season. we parked the car right on the beach. the view was stunning. ive never seen so many falling stars at one time in my life. caleb and I fell asleep looing at the stars. we awoke to bright flashlights being shown through the car windows into our faces. The cop knocked on my window on the drives side first. I opened the door. The cop askes"spanish spanish spainsh"(I assume what are you doing here can I have your passport)"we speak only english. Do you speak english"? I ask. He replies"a little, can I see your passports"? So I give him my passport and then he askes for calebs passport so I hand it to him. He gives the passports to another cop to run a check. Then he asks us what we were doing there. Angie replys "well, we were looking at the stars." The cop says "you were sleeping" "yes , well now we are sleeping." Then he askes for the cars papers, so I had them to him. He asks"have you seen any small boats or ships tonight"? "no" we answer. Odd, but whatever. Our passports must have checked out because he said we cold stay on the beach. They just were concerned about us possibly being broke down or something else being wrong because they weren´t used to peole being parked on the beach in the middle of the night. So they drove away. About 20 minutes later Caleb and I were still awake and looking at the sky and we see a light coming from the water. A boat. The boat turns its light off. Weird Caleb falls asleep but I am still awake. About 25 minutes later the light on the boat turns on again. Brighter this time, as if closer. I pop my head out the sunroof to see what´s going on. Straight ahead, sailing for our beach, is a small boat with at least 2 guys on it. There is a bright light on the top of the boat and they have a spot light shining towards our car they just sit there for about 3 minutes drifting a bit closer to shore. Now I am preparing to start up the car for a quick getaway because I think that we inadvertently interrupted some kind of illegtal drop off or somthing. Lucky for us, they decided to turn around and the light disappeared. I relaxed a bit and eventually fell asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home